Monday, December 10, 2007

Pork Chops notre façon

L. THINKS THE RECIPE came originally from Elizabeth David, perhaps The Mediterranean Cookbook. I don't know: we've made this for so many years it's second nature.

What you do is, you dry the chops; you drizzle them with a little olive oil, you sprinkle them with lemon juice, you scatter a good dusting of ground-up whole fennel seeds and good sea-salt; you lay on a few slices of garlic.

Then what I do is I put each in turn atop the other, then back on the broiler pan: this distributes the seasoning to the bottom of the chop. Then adjust the visible side if necessary.

Broil one side until done; turn; readjust exposed surfaces with etcetera, finish broiling.

You can also do this on the stove in a hot black iron frying pan; in fact, I prefer that method.
I wish you could see these porkchops: alas, Blogger is temporarily not receiving photos... in the meantime, I've set up a provisional blog on my mac.com site, with photos.

No comments: